Friday, July 10, 2009

Running again

Good lord, what is wrong with me? Last night after I left the evil dungeon that is my desk, I decided to go straight home. or did I? Actually, I stopped at the lake and had my running shoes in the car- I couldn't help myself. I changed clothes, and pulled them on, carefully lacing them up-as if it was a guilty pleasure that I didn't want anyone to see- all the while savouring every naughty bit of it. The first mile, was very slow, a warm up. I picked up the pace for the second mile, not wearing a watch I had no idea how fast it was-Undoubtedly slow yet exhausting (how could I lose so much ground in two weeks?) I thought I was out of the water until...a twinge, a cringe, and then a yelp. I pulled over and started to stretch, but I knew that was the end. The end of my first run back after all of that stretching ended with me walking slowly with a defeated expression on my face around Bennet Lake to my car.

When I got home, I said, "No More Gloominess!" I pumped up Gigantor's tires and headed out. Sadly, about 3 miles in, I could feel my knee, yet I soldiered on. 15.2 miles, in the wind- Take that depression!

I headed home where I did my laundry, did some stretching and about 10 minutes on the foam roller, and then I made the banana bread. If you have a copy of The Joy of Cooking look up the recipe, it is bizarre (or maybe it isn't and I am nuts) I ended up adding some Ghiradelli 72% cocoa chips in it, which seemed to over-power the banana goodness. Fickers!

Randoms: Blog neglect, Nalgene, Ikea Crap, Overdue fines already, cuddly cat, Burger for Justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment