Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Blog

This is my first blog on the new blog. I did fairly well for a while on the old one, and then let it fall by the wayside.

The thought of the day- "Snap out of it"

It is hot, and humid in the twin cities, and I don't want to be at work. I woke up late so I didn't get a run in, and I have to take my mentee to go get his new running shoes after work, so I couldn't cycle. I guess I just really need to focus and get my ass in gear, and out of the dark place that was Grandma's Marathon. I wasn't ready, having not done any long runs since the Stillwater Marathon 5 weeks earlier. I have certainly been in better shape before. I had not been running in the heat, and somehow I let myself get dehydrated, and there is something wrong with my right knee.

Plan of attack-
Put off marathoning until next season, and stick to shorter races that I want to run. Incorporate more strengthening exercises, and speed workouts in to my training. Ride my bike more, because it makes me happy. Harden the fuck up. Take more time to enjoy the sun.

Randomness of the day:
Bologna sandwich for lunch. A Rueben is pulling in to the Harbor. I need to clean my chacos. Don't sprain your vagina. I guess that means he flipped me the bird. Squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment